The Cycle Shop was incorporated in January 1924 and operated out of several locations. The business was originally organized by Rudolph Lundberg, Ludwig Anderson and Axel Pearson. Lundberg took over the operations in 1925. In 1949, Harry Lundberg and his sister, Margit Jones, acquired the business. Lundberg’s son Dennis, acquired Mrs. Jones interest in 1962 and entered into partnership with his father.
In 1965 the corporation purchased the former Nelson Department Store annex building at 100 East Second Street at the foot of Pine Street and expanded into four stories of operation. In 1976, Dennis Lundberg acquired his father’s interest and became sole owner and president. In 1977, the Cycle Shop was designated developer of the present location at 10 Harrison Street and erected a 16,000 square foot building to house its expanded operation.
The Cycle Shop started selling motorcycles in 1925, including Harley Davidsons. The motorcycle sales were discontinued in 1953. The early years also featured firearms, fishing tackle, toys, boats and outboard motors. The Cycle Shop was a Schwinn bicycle dealer from 1936 to 2002, and from 1936 to 1976 a Johnson Outboard motor dealer.